Thursday, August 16, 2007

you can save lives


Ok friends, I would not normally do this, but I'm going to anyway. The Canadian blood supply is currently at an all-time low and there is an urgent need for donors.

Click here to go to the Canadian Blood Services website, where you can learn about the locations of clinics and when they are open. Their phone service is also extremely helpful, call 1-888-2-donate and tell them where you live and when you're free and they will find a clinic for you to go to and make an appointment for you, it's very simple. My Mom and I are going to the Oak Street clinic tonight at 5:30.

I don't normally pass this info along because I know that there are many, who for variously just or unjust reasons, are unable to or not allowed to donate. I don't want my friends to feel guilty for not being able to. If you are able to though, I encourage you to go. It takes about an hour for all the prep and everything, but it is well worth your time. You can actually save lives. If you're worried about going alone, give me a call and I'll try to go with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As one of those who's life was saved in part by the generosity of many others in this way... I thank you for your giving and encouraging that others give